Wednesday, August 03, 2005

New School!

I went to the Anderson School Corporation Administration building today and talked to the Special Education Department. It was very cool. They are not sending Cassidy to Erskine at all.

Nathan will be there but they will send Cassidy to Robinson, which is just up the street from where I work. It's an all-day/5 day kindergarten with only 6 kids. Half of the class is autistic. They will be trying to slowly move her into a regular kindergarten class.

I register her the Monday the 15th. I feel very relieved that I have a good place to send Cassidy. A bus will pick her up and drop her off at my door just like in Daleville (short bus).

This arrangement with Cassidy takes a serious amount of pressure off of me. Cassidy needs some more help before being forced into a regular class. The drugs are making a huge difference but she had no school all summer and that was hard on her. This will gently ease her back into school.

She has a good school now and a great doctor...I feel like I can finally breathe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home